The legendary Alexandria Ballrooms is a historic wedding venue located on the corner of 5th & Spring Street in the heart of the Historic-Core in downtown Los Angeles. Designated a City of Los Angeles Historical Cultural Monument in 1971, it offers three iconic event venues in one spectacular building. It is also known to have welcomed presidents, dignitaries, and vintage Hollywood royalty since 1906. After decades, the ballrooms have been restored and have officially opened their doors once more. The Alexandria ballrooms offer a variety of environments.
The Alexandria has been a historic staple in the heart of downtown Los Angeles since 1906. The ballrooms hosted a myriad of luxury events for Hollywood stars, presidents, and other social royalties. These spaces became an elegant gathering place for lively elite crowds for the most prestigious events, including Charlie Chaplain’s wedding ceremony.
Stepping out of the Hollywood limelight The Alexandria played host to notable figures such as Winston Churchill, King Edward VIII and American presidents such as William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, and Theodore Roosevelt. Accordingly, Ronald Reagan hosted a fundraiser for his campaign for governor in the early 1970s.
Today, these grand ballrooms carry the same celebratory spirit, holding numerous events and films. Hollywood stars such as Natalie Portman, Nick Jonas, Pharrell, and Beyonce have done film and photography productions at The Alexandria.
$0 - $0
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Palm Court Ballroom & Cocktail Bar - 260 seated, 500 standing
- King Edward Ballroom - 200 seated, 400 standing
- The Mezz - 500 seated, 800 standing
In-House Wedding Services
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided
- Outside alcohol allowed
- Outside kosher catering allowed
- Some basic catering service items included
- Vendor referrals provided
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Complimentary 72 inch round tables for use during events
- Complimentary white chiavari chairs for use during events
What We Love
The gorgeous, elegant ballrooms
History behind the venue
The many photo opportunities on property
Location in the heart of downtown Los Angeles
The many venue spaces
There are no restaurants on site as this is a venue space only. All catering must be brought in. Please inquire with property for preferred caterers list.
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / cocktail lounge
- Business center
- Wheelchair accessible
- 30 minute drive from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 30 minute drive from Burbank Airport (BUR)