Castello di Velona – Montalcino
Honorably considered the best Tuscan wedding destination. Set on a hill a short drive from Montalcino, Italy, this 10th-century restored castle is the perfect backdrop for a ‘fairytale’ destination wedding in the heart of Tuscany. Get ready for the royal treatment as you celebrate your love in this perfect setting! From the top of the hillside, enjoy 360-degree views of one of the most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage sites. Stop a moment and catch your breath.
You’ll enjoy sleeping in a castle that’s over a thousand years old while looking out on the rolling Tuscan vineyards surrounding the property. Choose either a room or suite with antique furniture and paintings or a spa room with a contemporary touch, complete with thermal waters flowing directly into your bathtub. Spectacular Italian subsets will take your breath away as you look out across the privacy of your own personal garden. Getting inspired?
Before your castle wedding, rejuvenate both the body and sold by swimming in one of 5 indoor and outdoor pools filled with hot thermal water rising from the springs of a dormant Volcano. You and your bridal party will be pampered in the 1500 square meter spa, a truly heavenly experience.
For destination weddings up to 120 guests, you can enjoy your castle wedding reception on the restaurant terrace overlooking the valley sunset. For a more intimate party, you may wish to choose the Cloister, a romantic open-air living room enclosed by a spectacular glass ceiling.
Castello di Velona proudly caters to the most discerning wedding couples from around the world, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and honeymooners. If you need additional help planning your celebration, Wedaways Italy based team of event planners are available to help make your celebration a dream come true.
350€ - 600€
Closed February, March
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- North Terrace: 120 (seated), 200 (standing)
- Velona Lounge: 60 (seated), 100 (standing)
- Brunello Restaurant: 40 (seated)
- Brunello Terrace: 70 (seated)
- Pool Area: 70 (seated), 120 (standing)
- Lemon Terrace: 80 (seated), 120 (standing)
- Settimo Senso Restaurant: 150 (seated)
- Settimo Senso Restaurant & Barrique Room: 200 (seated)
- Barrique Room: 70 (seated)
In-House Wedding Services
ON-SITE WEDDING PLANNER
Day of Coordinator
- Catering on-site.
- Menu printing.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Outside kosher catering allowed.
- Some basic catering service items included.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Event can be moved for late-night partying.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Getaway car can be rented.
- Marquee / tent available to rent.
- Music cut-off time 2:00 am.
- No music restrictions with property buyout.
- Valet parking for events (complimentary unless otherwise indicated).
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Real candle flame allowed.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Glass of Prosecco.
- Chef pastry selection upon arrival.
What We Love
Luxurious wellness sanctuary
Panoramic views of Tuscany's rolling hills
Historic XI Century fortress
Mediterranean cuisine created using fresh and locally sourced ingredients with a seasonal menu.
Il Settimo Senso
Traditional Tuscan food paired with delicious wines of the region is what you'll enjoy in this beautifully decorated restaurant.
La Dolce Vita
By the pool. Enjoy specialty cocktails and light meals prepared with fresh ingredients, while lounging poolside.
- Balcony Junior Suite
- Pool Terrace Suite
- UNESCO Terrace Junior Suite
- UNESCO Terrace Suite
- UNESCO Terrace Royal Suite
In your room
- Cable TV
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Iron / steamer
- Mini Bar
- Turn down service
- Wake up call
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / cocktail lounge
- Bicycle rentals
- Business center
- Family / kid friendly
- Fitness center
- Free guest parking
- Free parking on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Handicap access
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside dining
- SPA/SPA services
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Babysitting services
- Cooking classes
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pet friendly
- Room service
- Security cameras
- Valet / Bellman
- 1 hour 30 minutes / 75 mile drive from Florence International Airport (FLR)
- 2 hours / 90 mile drive from Rome International Airport (FCO)
- 2 hours 20 minutes / 127 mile drive (170 Km) from Pisa International Airport