La Posta Vecchia
Available for private buyouts only. La Posta Vecchia is situated on the west coast of Italy, just 40 minutes north of Rome’s city center. With breathtaking panoramic views of the Tyrrhenian Sea, this luxurious Italian destination wedding venue is dramatic and exclusive.
Stage your Italian destination wedding in this stunning blend of new and old, in true luxury. The villa hotel boasts 18th-century décor, immaculately manicured grounds complete with well-preserved ruins that date back to the Roman Empire.
Once the private house of J. Paul Getty, where he lived with his family for twenty years, today La Posta Vecchia features 11 rooms and 8 individual suites overlooking the sea or the gardens, a gourmet restaurant, LPV Health & Beauty Club with Calidarium, and the indoor heated pool.
You and your wedding guests can enjoy the tennis court or jogging in our gardens or take a ride around the quaint town on the hotel’s complimentary bikes.
Open year-round (in winter, upon request), exclusive use is the perfect opportunity for wedding guests to relax on the lavish property, enjoying a cocktail or reading a book and tasting the gourmet cuisine all day. Here, you’ll feel at home thanks to the cozy and romantic atmosphere, the design and decor of the property include plush sofas and pillows and fireplaces throughout.
With breathtaking grounds and views, your Italian destination wedding photos will tell a story you’ll never forget! Planning a destination wedding on your own can be a daunting experience. Wedaways team of Italian wedding planners are available to make your destination wedding dreams come true.
390€ - 1,850€
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Frontal Terrace (Outdoor): 150 (seated)
- Lateral Terrace (Outdoor): 100 (seated)
- Garden (Outdoor): 200 (seated)
- Gourmet Restaurant (Indoor): 70 (seated)
- Sala Camino (Indoor): 60 (seated)
- Studio Getty (Indoor): 100 (seated)
In-House Wedding Services
- Catering on-site.
- Kosher catering - available on-site.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Outside alcohol allowed.
- Outside alcohol corkage fee.
- Some basic catering service items included.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Marquee / tent available to rent.
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Florist in-house.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Fruit basket in all guest rooms, upon arrival
- Bottle of sparkling wine for the bridal couple
What We Love
Views of the sea
The design and decor of this Renaissance Roman villa
The history: this is the former private house of J. Paul Getty
30 minute drive from Rome's city center
Beautiful gardens and underground museum
Delicious, traditional Italian cuisine modernized and served in style in an elegant atmosphere.
- Double Superior
- Superior Deluxe
- Superior Deluxe with Sea View
- Junior Suite
- Senior Suite
- Master Suite with Sea View
In your room
- Cable TV
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Iron / steamer
- Mini Bar
- Turn down service
- Wake up call
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / cocktail lounge
- Bicycle rentals
- Business center
- Connecting rooms
- Family / kid friendly
- Fitness center
- Free parking on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside dining
- SPA/SPA services
- Wheelchair accessible
- 24-hour reception
- Cooking classes
- Currency exchange
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service
- Security cameras
- Valet / Bellman
- 30 minutes / 15 mile drive from Rome International Airport (FCO)