One of the world’s most stunning destinations can be found 12 nautical miles south of Phuket, on the Andaman island of Racha Yai. <Scroll down to see AWARDS>. An expansive white-sand crescent bay with azure waters creates the postcard-perfect backdrop for the five-star luxury island resort, The Racha. With eco-chic luxury living, guests choose to ‘get-way from-it-all’ without taking anything away from the environment. Experience the exquisite Racha resort–a sanctuary for mind, body, and spirit. Spread over 20 acres of verdant tropical grounds and built-in low-rise harmony with the environment, 85 villas of eight category types provide for every creature comfort. From seafood under the stars at The Sunset Beach Restaurant to the Mediterranean at The Fire Grill, The Racha delivers delectable dining experiences. Pick your seafood just off the fishermen’s nets. Savor authentic Thai delicacies with that perfect balance of spice and sweetness. Or delight in greens, fresh from the resort’s own Hydroponic farm. Pair your culinary adventure with a wine from our extensive Wine Cellar or a signature cocktail. At The Racha, the island is your playground. For starters, the five-star Racha Dive Center provides personalized scuba instruction and trips to the Andaman Sea’s most beautiful sites. Energetic guests may choose to kayak, snorkel the island’s famed house reefs, learn Thai craft making, ride ATVs or hike the island. For those preferring serenity, one might wish to connect with nature while strolling the resort’s grounds, swim in three ozonated pools, peruse the library, or indulge in treatments at The Racha’s famed Anumba Spa. Alternatively, there’s the luxury of simply watching the world go by. Deemed as one of the world’s most romantic destinations, it’s not surprising that many honeymooners and wedding couples choose to celebrate at The Racha. Whether it’s a simple barefoot renewal of vows ceremony for two or a grand affair, the resort’s team of dedicated professionals love nothing more than to help make dreams come true. When it comes to saying “I do”, couples won’t find a more romantic destination than The Racha. Whether it’s a simple barefoot beachfront ceremony for two or a grand affair, the resort’s enthusiastic and dedicated wedding specialists plan every event to its last detail – from luxurious accommodations to the intricate touches on a wedding cake. It’s no wonder that so many honeymooners and wedding couples choose to celebrate at The Racha. Let The Racha realize your dreams. At The Racha, guests rest easy knowing that the resort embraces the highest standards of eco-responsible tourism. No wonder the resort is a recognized leader*** in its field. A half-acre 250 kWp Solar-Diesel Hybrid Station produces up to 50% of the resort’s daily electricity requirements, reducing carbon dioxide emissions by approximately 24% a day. Rainwater is collected, recycled and treated at The Racha’s own reservoirs for use throughout the resort. The lush grounds provide a stable ecosystem for many of the island’s animal inhabitants. Batok Bay, fronting the resort is home to 250 pH-neutral concrete Reef Balls. Reef Balls, a Racha environmental initiative project, provide homes for octopus, lobster, eels and much juvenile fish. Priceless practices. To sustain the island’s natural beauty for years to come.
Top Ten Best Southeast Asian Beach Resorts
Conde’ Nast Traveller
Top 100 Hottest New Resorts in the World
Top 10 Best Beach Resorts in the World
Certificate of Excellence Winner
World Luxury Hotel Awards
Continent Winner: Luxury Private Pool Villa
Asian Lifestyle Tourism Awards
Outstanding Beach Resort & Best Island Resort Destination South East Asia
$300 - $400
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- The grounds are extensive and there is capacity for up to 120 guests.
In-House Wedding Services
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Event can be moved for late-night partying.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Marquee / tent available to rent.
- Music cut off time 11:00 pm.
- Sound system hook-up available.
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Wedding/Event Planning available on-site.
- F&B Minimum Spend THB 200,000++ required.
- Menu printing.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Some basic catering service items included.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Wedding Package includes up to 30 guests, additional per guest charge of THB 300++ applies.
- Florist in-house.
- Furniture rental package available.
- Lighting - some basic lighting available.
- Real candle flame allowed.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Welcome fruit plate with a bottle of wine upon check-in.
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability.
What We Love
Breakfast and all-day dining (International)
Sunset Beach Restaurant
Thai and Seafood
Mediterranean Fine Cuisine
- Deluxe Villa 44 villas 43m2 excluding terrace
- Grand Deluxe Villa 11 villas 54m2 excluding terrace
- Grand Deluxe Pool Villa 6 villas 54m2 excluding private pool & terrace
- Spa Pool Suite 9 villas 724m2 excluding private pool & terrace
- Junior Pool Suite 4 villas 86m2 excluding private pool & terrace
- Grand Pool Suite 4 villas 93m2 excluding private pool & terrace
- 2-Bedroom Grand Pool Suite 6 villas 105m2 excluding private pool & terrace
- The Lighthouse 1 villa 150m2 excluding private pool & terrace
In your room
- Beach towels
- Cable TV
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Flip-flop sandals
- Mini Bar
- Bar / cocktail lounge
- Beach service
- Bicycles on property
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside dining
- SPA/SPA services
- Cooking classes
- Valet / Bellman