Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Celebrate your wedding or honeymoon on Mexico’s Riviera Maya, the jewel of the Yucatan Peninsula. Stretching along the coastline of the Caribbean Sea, Riviera Maya is a romantic paradise blessed by Mayan gods. Relax on powder-white beaches and snorkel in turquoise Caribbean waters. Explore enigmatic Mayan ruins. Stroll along a moonlit beach, share candlelit dinners, and discover ancient rituals in harmony with the land and sea. From the sun-kissed beaches of Playa del Carmen to the wonders of Tulum, Riviera Maya is the perfect wedding and honeymoon Cancun International Airport destination.
Not required: Minimum 10 suites for 2 nights = 20 room nights total.
$670 - $1,000
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Virgen de Guadalupe Chapel: 85 (seated)
- Ocean Terrace: 60 (seated), 70 (standing)
- White Ball Room: 50 (seated), 60 (standing)
- Zen Garden: 100 (seated), 150 (standing)
- Zen Pool Terrace: 35 (seated), 50 (standing)
- Ambassador Deck Garden: 40 (seated), 60 (standing)
- Grand Class Beach: 50 (seated), 60 (standing)
- Grand Velas Convention Center: 1,350 (seated), 1,800 (standing)
In-House Wedding Services
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Catering on-site.
- Consecrated Chapel.
- Event can be moved for late-night partying.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Florist in-house.
- Furniture rental package available.
- Getaway car can be rented. Advance booking required.
- Lighting - some basic lighting available.
- Marquee / tent available to rent.
- Menu printing.
- Michelin starred catering available.
- Music cut off time 11:00 pm.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Outside kosher catering allowed.
- Real candle flame allowed.
- Some basic catering service items included.
- Valet parking for events (complimentary unless otherwise indicated).
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Wedding/Event Planning available on-site.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Upgrade to Grand Class Suite.
- 2 upgrades - for the parents of the couple to Ambassador Suites.
- Welcome semi-private cocktail reception.
- Rehearsal semi-private dinner included for 40 guests.
- $50 USD dollars discount to the spa.
- Wedding specialist for the planning and coordination of the wedding.
What We Love
Top shelf liquor
Variety of restaurants
International cuisine - all day dining.
Cocina de Autor
Creative and Fusion cuisine, 5 diamond awarded.
- Zen Grand Suites
- Zen Plunge Pool Suites
- Ambassador Suites
- Ambassador Plunge Pool Suites
- Grand Class Suites
- Governor Suites
- Presidential Suites
In your room
- Cable TV
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Flip-flop sandals
- Iron / steamer
- Mini Bar
- Turn down service
- Wake up call
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / Cocktail lounge
- Beauty salon
- Bicycles on property
- Bottled water In room replenished at turndown
- Business center
- Children's programs.
- Connecting rooms
- Family / kid friendly
- Fitness center
- For children under 2: Cribs, strollers, diapers, formula, baby seat, baby bathtub provided at N/C
- Free guest parking
- Free parking on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Handicap access
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside dining
- SPA/SPA services
- Wheelchair accessible
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Babysitting services
- Cooking classes
- Currency exchange
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service
- Security cameras
- Valet / Bellman
- 31 miles / 40 minute drive from Cancun International Airport (CUN)