Banyan Tree Mayakoba
From a beach wedding ceremony at sunset to a torchlit wedding reception on a timber deck to a traditional ballroom wedding, the sprawling Banyan Tree Mayakoba resort is a dream destination for a romantic wedding celebration at the Riviera Maya in Mexico. The Wedaways team LOVES this property.
Set on beautiful beachfront grounds teeming with lush greenery, lagoons, and mangroves, the resort’s stylish villas complete with private pools are set in lovely gardens creating the perfect backdrop for your wedding celebration or honeymoon destination.
Features of Banyan Tree Mayakoba include several public pools alongside a gorgeous stretch of white-sand beach, a high-end spa, and a plethora of outdoor activities including golf, tennis, snorkeling, and eco-tours. Your guests will rejoice both in the celebration of your nuptials, as well as the incredible vacation they’ll enjoy. All of this combined with fantastic dining makes Banyan Tree Mayakoba a top choice for a Mexico destination wedding to remember.
Guests staying on the Banyan Tree Mayakoba property will enjoy luxurious bathrooms with rainfall showers and outdoor bathtubs that make this Rivera Maya Resort a lover’s dream. Honeymooners will love walking hand and hand down the white sand beaches, followed by a late afternoon massage at the high-end spa.
For families that require kosher catering, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba resort can cater to your needs and create a fully Kosher wedding menu just for your group. A complete kosher kitchen ensures your dietary needs are met with ease. The Banyan Tree Mayakoba chef will create masterpiece presentations for you to taste and choose from, ensuring your event(s) will provide a dining experience to fill all your senses.
Watch the panoramic video to experience the beauty of this Rivera Maya resort up close and personal!
Banyan Tree Mayakoba is set to launch a new, 10,385-square-foot indoor/outdoor space, MK Blue. Featuring 7,885 square feet of indoor function space and a 2,500-square-foot outdoor terrace, the venue is designed to blend with nature for an organic feel.
MK Blue is located next to the resort’s entrance and has views of the Mayakoba waterways and tropical forest. The venue fits up to 600 guests and features state-of-the-art AV and production equipment.
$399 - $549
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- The Chapel (Consecrated) - 120 seated
- Lobby terrace - 180 seated, 200 standing
- Mayapan ballroom - 210 seated, 250 standing
- La Copa terrace - 200 standing
- Mayapan Garden - 120 seated, 210 standing
- MK Blue - 500 seated, 600 standing
- Beach area - 100 seated, 150 standing
- Reflections pool - 20 seated, 50 standing
- Sands Restaurant - 200 seated, 220 standing
- The Beach Shack - 100 seated, 100 standing
- El Pueblito - 400 seated, 800 standing
In-House Wedding Services
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided
- Catering on-site
- Consecrated Chapel
- Event can be moved for late-night partying
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required
- Florist in-house
- Furniture rental package available
- Kosher catering - available on-site
- Music cut off time 12:00 am
- No outside catering allowed
- Real candle flame allowed
- Vendor referrals provided
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Villa decorated with candles, delicate flowers petals, soft bedsheets, aromatic oils and incense
- Sparkling wine, exotic fresh fruit and dark chocolate for the night of the wedding
- Surprise amenity upon arrival
What We Love
The only all pool villas in the Riviera Maya
Expansive, beautifully designed villas as rooms
The amazing signature spa
Fantastic dining options and kosher food options
PGA golf course
On-property consecrated church
Ideal for relaxing with that first cup of coffee or tea, while overlooking the Reflections Pool, Oriente offers casual yet varied Mexican and international breakfast buffets every morning.
Enjoy light snacks and fresh seafood or authentic Mexican specialties for lunch. Sands offers a variety of tropical cocktails and the freshest catch of the day, during daytime for guests lounging poolside or on the beach.
Banyan Tree’s signature restaurant, Saffron, serves contemporary Thai Cuisine prepared by Thai chefs, who have come to Mayakoba to share their authentic gastronomy with their guests. An intimate restaurant perfect for special occasions.
A dining experience where herbs and olive oil enhance the original flavors of the northern Italian cuisine, paired with an exquisit selection of wines from Italian grapes grown in Mexico. All in a beautiful water-side courtyard.
La Copa Bar
Located in the main lobby and offering a Mexican menu, this is the perfect place to enjoy signature cocktails while gazing at the colors of the Riviera’s sunset. Open late night.
Enjoy tapas as you navigate the mangroves.
A deep-in-the-jungle mystical experience featuring the four sacred elements of water, earth, wind and fire, where you can relive the superb culinary arts of ancient Mayan civilization in an intimate dinner setting of 6-18 people
Enjoy an extraordinary dining experience at one of the many romantic and unique locations on property. A menu of carefully curated dishes utilizing fresh and local ingredients makes this gourmet experience even more memorable.
The Beach Shack
Refreshing drinks under the sun on the warm sandy beaches of Mayakoba.
- Bliss Pool Villa
- Serenity Pool Villa w/living room
- Spa Pool Villa w/massage porch
- Serenity Two Bedroom Pool Villa
- Lagoon and Beachside 2 Bedroom Pool Villa
- Beachfront Three-Bedroom Pool Villa
- Three-Bedroom Family Residence
In your room
- Cable TV
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Iron / steamer
- Mini bar
- Turn down service
- Wake up call
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / cocktail lounge
- Bicycles on property
- Business center
- Children's programs
- Connecting rooms
- Couple's Massage Suite
- Family / kid friendly
- Fitness center
- Free guest parking
- Free parking on site
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Babysitting services
- Cooking classes
- Currency exchange
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pet friendly
- Room service
- Security cameras
- Valet / Bellman
- 40 minutes / 25 miles drive from Cancun International Airport (CUN)