Mandarin Oriental, Canouan
HIGHLIGHTS and FACTS below…
Mandarin Oriental’s renowned hospitality comes to the Caribbean for the first time at Mandarin Oriental, Canouan in St. Vincent, and The Grenadines. Known as the island of tortoises, Canouan is fast becoming one of the Caribbean’s most sought-after luxury destinations. Nestled along a white powder stretch of Godahl Beach, the resort is home to a collection of atmospheric restaurants offering a variety of culinary delights accompanied by stunning ocean views. Offering 26 elegant colonial-style suites, chic, Italian-design Patio Villas, and elegant Lagoon Villas, Mandarin Oriental, Canouan is an all-ocean view luxury hideaway perfect for families and friends. Dedicated Butler service ensures bespoke comforts tailored to your every need. In addition, an exceptional Kids Camp, Pirates of Canouan, provides every member of your party has a holiday to remember. At Mandarin Oriental, Canouan, you can relax and enjoy 1200 acres, delight in hikes, challenge yourself with tennis and golf, or disconnect from it all. Arrivals by luxury yacht, private jet, and scheduled commercial service from Barbados (BGI) are welcomed with Mandarin Oriental’s legendary grace.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AREA:
- Evening Lantern-guided Historical Tour of 18th Century Church
- Kayak to Lunch on Shell Beach
- Island Triathlon
- Sea Turtle and Reef Snorkeling at the Tobago Cays
- Mustique Island Day Trip
- Deep-Sea and Coastal Saltwater Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving
- Kitesurfing School
- Vincentian Cooking & Crafted Cocktail Class
- Overwater Bungalow Spa Experience
- Vincentian Rum and Chocolate Tasting
- Lobby-to-Tee Golf Experience
- 13th Hole Sunset Cocktail
- Castaway by Night (or Day) – A restaurant without walls
- Yoga and Tai Chi Classes
- Sunrise Hike to Mount Royal Peak
- Mandarin Oriental, Canouan is the first Mandarin Oriental in the Caribbean.
- Canouan Island has the only championship Fazio-designed 18-hole golf course in St. Vincent & The Grenadines.
- The old 17th Century Church on the island was brought over from England in the early 1800s and reconstructed stone by stone on Grenadine Estate.
- Mount Royal is the highest peak on the island and is renowned for its wonderful panorama.
- Canouan has the largest living coral reef in the Caribbean.
$1,300 - $4,650
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- INDOOR: Church: 80 (seated) + $500 Venue Fee
- INDOOR: Asianne: Dining Room: 56 (seated), 130 (standing)
- INDOOR: Tides Bar + Grill – Main Dining Room: 42 (seated)
- INDOOR: Tides Bar + Grill – Private Dining Room 1: 6 (seated)
- INDOOR: Tides Bar + Grill – Private Dining Room 2: 6 (seated)
- INDOOR: Turtles Bar: 30 (seated)
- INDOOR: Lagoon Café: 37 (seated)
- INDOOR: L’Ance Guyac Beach Club: 42 (seated)
- INDOOR: The Library: 5 (seated)
- OUTDOOR: 13th Hole: $1,000
- OUTDOOR: Crescent Court: 24 (seated), 60 (standing)
- OUTDOOR: Godahl Beach: 120 (seated) + $1,200 Venue Fee
- OUTDOOR: Shell Beach: 80 (seated)
- OUTDOOR: L’Ance Guyac Beach: 80 (seated)
- OUTDOOR: Pool Deck: Lower Level: 32 (seated)
- OUTDOOR: Pool Deck: Main Level: 48 (seated)
- OUTDOOR: Pool Deck: Cabana Level: 24 (seated)
In-House Wedding Services
- Alcohol provided for an additional fee.
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Basic linen.
- Catering on-site.
- Consecrated Chapel.
- Day of Event Coordinator available.
- Event can be moved for late-night partying.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Menu printing.
- Standard classic linen.
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Wedding/Event Planning available on-site.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Welcome beverage.
- Room upgrade for honeymoon couple if available.
What We Love
Pan Asian-influenced dishes from an open state-of-the-art kitchen impressively equipped with a Molteni stove, tandoori and brick oven.
Tides Bar + Grill
Top-quality steak and seafood dishes are served with local, fresh ingredients and catch-of-the-day delicacies including island lobster, Mahi Mahi, snapper, wahoo, white marlin, and grouper.
Choose from one of the sample menus or create your own. Personalize every element to ensure that you and your guests can relax and enjoy every minute of your day away. Would you like to be the only guests on a beach as far as the eye can see? Or, perhaps you'd like to watch the sunset with your feet in the sand and a glass of champagne in your hand? Take your castaway dreams and turn them into a wonderful reality.
For a more casual atmosphere, there is Lagoon Café serving Mediterranean-inspired cuisine in an airy, blue-tiled restaurant with décor inspired by the azure blue waters of Santorini, Sardinia, and Larache.
Pool Bar serves fresh salads and seafood dishes to be enjoyed poolside or on the terrace overlooking the infinity pool and Godahl Beach.
Artfully crafted cocktails, fine wines, spirits, and lighter fare are on offer at Turtles, a bar with a Hamptonsesque design with warm wood and hints of maritime décor.
- 10 – One-Bedroom Oceanview Suites
- 10 – One-Bedroom Beachfront Suites
- 2 – One-Bedroom Penthouse Suites
- 2 – One-Bedroom Penthouse Suites
- 4 – Two-Bedroom Oceanview Suites
- 5 – Two-Bedroom Patio Villa with Studio
- 2 – Three-Bedroom Patio Villa with Studio
- 2 – Four-Bedroom Lagoon Villa
In your room
- Beach towels
- Coffee / tea
- Complimentary Wifi
- Initial stocking of in-suite minibar with beers, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks (spirits additional)
- Mini Bar
- Nespresso machine.
- Private veranda
- Turn down service
- All hotel rooms have ocean views and a private balcony
- Bar / Cocktail lounge
- Beach casitas/cabanas
- Beach service
- Bicycle rentals
- Bottled water In room replenished at turndown
- Children's programs.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with full suite-to-sand coverage
- Couple's massage suite
- Free guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kids club
- Nespresso machine and tea kettle in room.
- Non-motorized water sports (snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing, and Hobie cat sailing)
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Poolside dining
- Private butler
- SPA/SPA services
- Specialty coffee, espresso and teas in-room
- Sun loungers
- Three floodlit tennis courts
- 24-hour butler service
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfers included
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Currency exchange
- Daily breakfast
- Daily housekeeping and turn-down service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service
- Twice daily housekeeping
- Valet / Bellman
- VIP airport concierge assistance in Barbados (BGI)
- 10 minute drive from Canouan Airport (CIW)