The Cape, a Thompson Resort
Located near the southernmost tip of the Baja California Sur Peninsula, just outside of downtown Cabo San Lucas, The Cape’s unrivaled views of the Land’s End Point and the iconic landmark, El Arco, provide a breathtaking setting for weddings and honeymoons.
The Cape seamlessly blends the Thompson Hotel brand’s urban aesthetic with a retro 1960s SoCal-meets-Baja vibe to offer a dynamic approach to Los Cabos’ luxury. The boutique resort is ideal for fun and festive celebrations, with only 161 guest accommodations overlooking the world-renowned surfer’s paradise, Monuments Beach. From the infinity pool to the signature rooftop bar and lounge, the vistas of the desert and sea are unparalleled.
Whether you are planning a boho-chic wedding with traditional Mexican charm or a stylish wedding with a contemporary vibe, you’ll be inspired by the sea, the delightful palette of flavors, and the warmth of the people.
$459 - $3,259
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Resort Beach: 100 (seated), 100 (standing)
- Upper Pool Terrace: 125 (seated), 125 (standing)
- Poolside Terrace: 150 (seated), 150 (standing)
- Glimpse: 200 (seated), 200 (standing)
- The Ledge: 65 (seated), 65 (standing)
- The Rooftop: 90 (seated), 90 (standing)
- Glimpse: 150 (seated), 150 (standing)
In-House Wedding Services
- Alcohol provided for an additional fee.
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Basic linen.
- Bespoke Services Only - No Packages Available.
- Catering on-site.
- Day of Event Coordinator available.
- Event space floor plans / diagrams provided.
- F&B Minimum Spend Required.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Included in the venue space.
- Kitchen may be KASHERED for Kosher Catering On-Site.
- Kosher catering - available on-site.
- Lighting - can be rented.
- Menu printing.
- Music cut off time 12:00 am.
- Outside kosher catering allowed.
- Real candle flame allowed.
- Required to use venue's alcohol.
- Some basic catering service items included.
- Sound system hook-up available.
- Valet parking for events (complimentary unless otherwise indicated).
- Vegan catering available.
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Wedding Planner Required.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 10 rooms for 3 night for 36-49 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 15 rooms for 3 night for 50-79 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 20 rooms for 3 night for 80-99 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 25 rooms for 3 night for 100-124 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 30 rooms for 3 night for 125-149 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 35 rooms for 3 night for 150-174 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 40 rooms for 3 night for 175-200 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 5 rooms for 3 night for 15-25 guests.
- Weddings require: A minimum of 8 rooms for 3 night for 26-35 guests.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Complimentary romantic turndown on wedding night or first night of honeymoon stay.
What We Love
Every room overlooks El Arco and the sea
Outdoor spa cabanas
Signature restaurant by Chef Enrique Olvera, Mexican cuisine with Pan Pacific influence.
Beach house inspired restaurant with Mexican + American cuisine.
Tapas style menu, craft beer, and cocktails.
Sushi, light bites, and drinks.
Hand crafted cocktails and snacks.
- King Bed Ocean View
- King Bed Deluxe Ocean View
- Queen Beds Ocean View
- Junior Suite Ocean View
- Junior Suite Plunge Pool Ocean View
- Thompson Suite Ocean View
- Thompson Suite Plunge Pool Ocean View
- Panoramic Suite Ocean View
- One Bedroom Villa Ocean View
- One Bedroom Villa Plunge Pool Ocean View
- Two Bedroom Residence Ocean View
- Three Bedroom Villa Ocean View
- Three Bedroom Penthouse
- Three Bedroom Surfer Villa
In your room
- Beach towels
- Cable TV
- Complimentary Wifi
- Mini Bar
- Turn down service
- Wake up call
- All hotel rooms have ocean views and a private balcony
- Banquet facilities
- Bar / Cocktail lounge
- Beach casitas/cabanas
- Beach service
- Bottled water In room replenished at turndown
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Connecting rooms
- Family / kid friendly
- Fitness center
- Free guest parking
- Free parking on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully stocked in-room bar
- Handicap access
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Panoramic suites have private plunge pools
- Pool side bars
- Poolside dining
- Secluded beach
- Slippers & beach towels
- SPA/SPA services
- Tequila amenity
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfers available at an add'l fee
- Bellboy service
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Cooking classes
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily housekeeping and turn-down service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pet friendly
- Room service
- Valet / Bellman
- Yoga and/or Pilates Classes on Request
- 28 miles / 45 km / 43 minutes from San Jose Del Cabo International Airport (SJD)