Awarded “Mexico’s Most Romantic Resort 2020” by the World Travel Awards. Experience your dream destination beachfront wedding celebration, intimate ceremony, or a romantic honeymoon. You and your guests will arrive and unwind to the tranquility of a remote and private beach setting. With the amenities and style of a beautiful beachfront resort. Thompson Zihuatenejo is idyllic for groups or a one of a kind celebration of love! Retreat to one of the thatched palapas on the sand, walk or jog along the beach, or roam the lush jungle landscape punctuated by cool waterfalls and tranquil lagoons. Expect complete luxury and relaxation in the newly renovated suites, one-, two- and three-story villas. Enjoy suites that offer separate living spaces, private terraces, and plunge pools all with an option of beachfront or lagoon views.
$199 - $399
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Beach Front: 150 (seated), 200 (standing)
In-House Wedding Services
- Alcohol provided for an additional fee.
- Back up plan for inclement weather provided.
- Basic linen.
- Catering on-site.
- Day of Event Coordinator available.
- Event Planning Logistics.
- Event can be moved for late-night partying.
- Exclusive Use requires a 2 night buyout.
- Exclusive use requires $225 F&B required per guest per day.
- Exclusive use requires 40 guest room minimum.
- Fireworks allowed - permit may be required.
- Furniture rental package available.
- Included in the venue space.
- Lighting - some basic lighting available.
- Menu printing.
- Minimum spend required to book a wedding or event: $10K.
- Music cut off time 11:00 pm.
- Outside alcohol corkage fee.
- Outside kosher catering allowed.
- Outside kosher catering fee: $89 per person (negotiable).
- Real candle flame allowed.
- Required to use venue's alcohol.
- Room block details herein may vary.
- Sound system hook-up available.
- Valet parking for events: $10.00 per car.
- Vendor referrals provided.
- Venue space fee: Please inquire for details.
- Wedding cake - Pastry Chef on-site.
- Weddings require 10 booked rooms.
Wedaways Special Amenity
- Complimentary upgrade upon arrival, based on availability.
- Champagne in-room welcome amenity upon arrival.
- $150 Resort credit that can be utilized for spa services or any of F&B Outlets.
What We Love
Private terraces and plunge pools
Massage in-room or on the beach
Open-air, beachfront venue. All wood-fired cooking techniques with locally sustainably sourced ingredients. Dinner Service only.
Open-air, pool, and beachfront dining. Locally curated, seasonal Mexican cuisine with handcrafted cocktails. All-day dining.
- King Bed
- King Bed with Plunge Pool
- Lagoon Suite with Plunge Pool
- 2 Bedroom Lagoon Suite with Plunge Pool
- Ocean View Penthouse Suite
- Swim Up Suite
- Beach Suite with Plunge Pool
- 2 Bedroom Garden Suite
- 2 Bedroom Beach Suite
- Thompson Suite
In your room
- Cable TV
- Mini Bar
- 2 Restaurants: On the beach & on the rocks
- Beach service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with full suite-to-sand coverage
- Custom Egyptian cotton bedding
- Family / kid friendly
- Free guest parking
- Handicap access
- Nespresso machine and tea kettle in room.
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Slippers & beach towels
- Sun loungers
- Thompson’s DS & Durga luxury soaps & shampoos
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Bellboy service
- Cooking classes
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Pet friendly
- Room service
- Twice daily housekeeping
- Valet / Bellman
- 8.5 miles / 13.8 km / 22 minute drive from lxtap / Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH)