Casa de Sierra Nevada, a Belmond Hotel, San Miguel de Allende
San Miguel de Allende, 1959: Beat Generation writers Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg were downing tequilas in a bar; meanwhile, a local family was transforming a 16th-century convent into a comfortable inn. Moments from La Parroquia – the city’s soaring, neo-Gothic church – the convent’s unadorned facade shielded the internal courtyard gardens from the heat and dust. Today, on that same site, the same siesta-like calm pervades at Casa de Sierra Nevada, a Belmond Hotel. Authentic and inviting, the hotel has expanded to fill six heritage mansions, all luxuriously restored. Stone staircases lead to shaded patios and trickling fountains. Vaulted archways reveal succulent, rich gardens. Striking contemporary art greets guests at every turn. No two rooms are the same. Antiques, local textiles, and stone fireplaces create rich sanctuaries with every modern comfort. Some boast incredible views and plunge pools.
An array of indoor and outdoor spaces suit events ranging from intimate gatherings to stunning celebrations, while the size of the hotel makes it perfect for buyouts. Days may be spent by the foliage-fringed pool, enjoying pampering rituals at Laja Spa, or mastering Mexican cuisine at the hotel’s acclaimed Sázon Cooking School. Creativity can be explored further with painting lessons in the park, led by the resident artist. As evening falls, the buzzing Blue Bar beckons. Cool cocktails pave the way for fresh and piquant specialties at Andanza Restaurant. A stroll away is Restaurante del Parque, a leafy venue for prized Oaxaca and Puebla cuisine, together with live music. Tailor-made group activities range from San Miguel art tours and wine tastings to horseback rides in the Mexican heartlands.
$345 - $995
Open Year Round
Wedding Spaces and Capacities
- Jardin Casa Palma: 150 (cocktail), 100 (banquet)
- Jardin del Parque: 200 (cocktail), 150 (banquet)
- Cactus Terrace: 80 (cocktail), 70 (banquet)
- Guitarras Meeting Room: 30 (cocktail), 30 (banquet)
- Patio Santa Elena: 80 (cocktail), 60 (banquet)
In-House Wedding Services
- Additional fee for outside catering
- Alcohol provided for an additional fee
- Catering on-site
- Day of event coordinator available
- Event space floor plans/diagrams provided
- Exclusive use requires: 3 night buyout
- Included in the venue space: glassware
- Included in the venue space: ivory Tiffany chairs
- Included in the venue space: round dinner tables
- Included in the venue space: standard classic linen
- Included in the venue space: white square dishware
- Music cut-off time: 12:30 am
- Outside alcohol corkage fee applies
- Outside kosher catering allowed
- Real candle flame allowed
- Sufficient restrooms for maximum guest capacity
- Vendor referrals provided
- Wedding cake - pastry Chef on-site
- Wedding planner required
Wedaways Special Amenity
- 10% discount on steaming on the wedding gown.
- 10% discount on spa treatments, makeup, and hair-styling for all the participants (does not apply to spa products).
- Special room rate for Planning Visit for the wedding couple, including complimentary menu tasting for the wedding couple once the wedding is confirmed.
- Late check-out for the wedding couple (subject to availability).
- Personalized wedding assistance during the planning.
- Romantic turndown during wedding night.
- Virtuoso amenities - not applicable to room blocks.
What We Love
Authentic Mexican feel.
With a reputation of excellence among San Miguel de Allende restaurants, Andanza is a destination in its own right. It’s the place to be for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Restaurante del Parque
Bringing the best of the outdoors inside, Restaurante del Parque lives up to its name. Embrace the prized flavors of Oaxaca and Puebla in a relaxed, elegant setting. A delicious menu is complemented by a stunning selection of drinks, making it the perfect venue for cocktails with friends. Available for lunch and dinner. Breakfast on weekends only.
The Blue Bar
The warm, inviting atmosphere of The Blue Bar beckons. Sip your tipple of choice in front of the glowing log fire. Or step out to the sun-splashed patio with a cocktail, and watch life roll by on the colorful streets of San Miguel. With a great selection of wines and spirits, this San Miguel bar is the perfect spot to unwind.
Sazón Cooking School
From selecting the best ingredients at the local market to discovering the secrets behind creating your favorite dishes or a contemporary take on Mexican classics, our executive chef and team will guide you step-by-step in a private class at the Sazón cooking school.
- SUPR - Superior
- DLXR - Deluxe
- JRST - Junior Suite
- DJST - Deluxe Jr Suite
- STUS - Studio Suite
- DSTS - Deluxe Studio Suite
- 1DST - Deluxe One Bedroom Suite
- PDST - Parroquia Deluxe One Bedroom Suite
- PRES - Presidential
In your room
- Exclusive bath amenities
- Heated bathroom floor (some accommodations)
- In-room dining (not included)
- Iron and ironing board
- Nightly turndown amenity
- Phone with direct access to international numbers
- Rooftop terrace with plunge pool (some accommodations)
- Unique Talavera bathrooms
- Wake-up coffee service
- Wood or gas fireplace (some accommodations)
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor pool
- Spa & spa services
- Butler service
- Cooking classes
- Currency exchange
- Twice daily housekeeping
- 93 km / 58 miles / 1 hr 40 min from Bajío International Airport (BJX)
- 80 km / 50 miles / 1 hr 20 min from Queretaro International Airport (QRO)