Destination Wedding Experiences Your Guests Will Love
Destinations weddings offer you and your guests so much more than a 5-8 hour evening that is over in the blink of an eye. Destination weddings abroad provide a taste of foreign cultures and traditions that create unique lifelong memories. And as different countries celebrate in different ways depending upon where you decide, the options are endless. From the arrival to the I do’s and the days to follow, do you know what the best part is? Planning destination wedding experiences your guests will love.
Ready to get started planning your destination wedding with experiences your guests will love?
The Magic Of A Destination Wedding
Imagine your wedding day starting with a romantic, picture-perfect ceremony. A snow-capped mountain backdrop. Followed by a champagne toast at a nearby waterfall. Next up, grab your coats for a horse-drawn carriage through the snowy forest. Finish off the evening with a mouth-watering formal dinner. Delectable local fare. The night’s not over yet! With formalities out of the way, it’s time to dance into the wee hours of the morning. Serve a personalized cocktail every hour to keep the party going! And when it’s almost time to wrap, enjoy cured meats and mulled wine. For those looking for a little wind-down, hot cocoa in front of a blazing fire in the resort lounge. Sound magical?
Invite your guests to a wedding away. Embrace the unique surroundings in every aspect of your events. From island beaches to iconic cityscapes. Full forests to rolling countrysides. Mountain retreats to safari camps. The options are endless. A destination wedding is not only about celebrating your love. But also about creating an experience for you and your guests to all celebrate the two of you. Whether hosted at a venue that’s just a few hours away or an exotic locale on another continent.
Throw tradition out the window and your reservations to the wind! Immerse yourself in the local culture and let it guide your events. Your guests traveled to celebrate with you. So hosting themed activities that include everyone, will bring that circle of love even closer. Highlight your destination wedding, experience unique details. Work with your event planner or venue to coordinate group activities and outings. Add in some local entertainment to ensure your entire group a truly unique experience.
Create The Magic
- Start with a themed save the date styled like a passport, train ticket, hot air balloon, skyline or message in a bottle. This will set the stage and build excitement for the trip!
- Provide guests with an itinerary, event schedule, dress codes, and suggestions on what to pack. Prepare your guests for what you have in store.
- Provide the transfers upon arrival to the resort or venue space. This helps facilitate a smooth and stress-free experience.
- Book a hospitality suite at the host property so the guests can all gather and get to see or know one another upon arrival.
- Distribute welcome swag bags with practical & fun items that are destination centric. Items like a copy of the itinerary of events and ideas for free time. A reminder of the dress code for each event. Some treats to snack on while they’re in their room. Sunglasses, sunscreen, a map, and anything to make them all feel at home!
- A casual getting-to-know-you game night is a great idea to break the ice for the different guests in attendance. By the next day, your work friends will mix seamlessly with your college buddies, sorority sisters, long lost cousins, and your closest family.
- Plan at least one group activity a day that guests can partake in with the bride and groom. Take advantage of activities your resort has to offer as well as local attractions. If possible, provide transport to offsite events.
- Host themed events or meals! Have guests dress a certain way or in specific colors to make it fun and provide local entertainment. The bride and groom should sit with a different group each night, so they get a chance to mingle with everyone.
- On the wedding day, fully embrace the sights, sounds, and culture of your destination. Your ceremony and reception should be oozing with local charm, culinary specialties, and design flair. We love the idea of setting each table with a different centerpiece reminiscent of the landscape so guests can explore the space and mingle with other guests.
- As a parting token of your thanks for everyone who came, gift your guests with a local trinket so they will always remember the great times spent with friends, family, and loved ones.
Ready to get starting planning the perfect destination wedding experiences your guest will love? We’ve got tons of ideas from sandy beaches to historic castles, Parisian cityscapes, and woodland wonderlands. Happy planning!