Official Rules For:
Wedaways Instagram Giveaway
3-Nights/4 Days with breakfast daily for 2 at the resort listed in the Wedaways Giveaway post. Property and room type will be on your certificate.
Airfare, transportation, F&B (food & beverage) with the exception of breakfast, SPA treatments, activities, incidentals, gratuities, and local taxes are not included. Upon check-in, you will be required to provide a valid credit card.
Travel must be completed by the cut off date listed on the certificate. Blackout dates apply.
Please read these official rules so that you have all the information you need before entering any of the Wedaways Giveaway contests, or campaigns advertised on our website, or elsewhere, herein referred to as WG and campaign(s).
- Different laws require certain parts of these rules. To make sure you notice them, we use BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS for those sections.
- These official rules apply to every WG we run—but sometimes we also have extra information or requirements. In those cases, we publish additional rules on the campaign page. Usually, those rules work with these, but occasionally, we may need to adjust some of these rules for that campaign. We’ll tell you about those changes on the campaign page.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY WG UNLESS PART OF A STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP REQUIRING ELIGIBILITY. THESE CASES WILL BE CLEARLY STATED ON THE CAMPAIGN PAGE OR ANNOUNCEMENT.
VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
HOW IT WORKS.
Each WG is a team effort. Wedaways. Inc. partners with complementary industries and companies.
WHO CAN ENTER A WG?
WGs are void where prohibited by law.
Participants in a WG must possess valid government-issued photo identification.
Eligibility to win a WG requires that the participant must be 21 years of age or older.
WG prizes are not transferable.
WG Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
The winner will receive a 1099 IRS Tax form for the value of the grand prize as stated in these contest rules.
Also, to keep things fair, full-time and part-time employees of Wedaways, Inc, or Prize Provider/Partner for the applicable WG, and members of their household and immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, domestic partners, siblings, and children), are not eligible to enter. Additionally, any individual that uses a bot, software, or any other codes, instructions, or third-party software for the purpose of automatically entering into sweepstakes (or multiple sweepstakes) or in any way that provides an unfair advantage over individuals that enter manually, will be disqualified from the sweepstakes they entered and all future sweepstakes, subject to Wedaways’s sole discretion.
PRIZES and RULES.
One entry per person, unless outlined otherwise on the campaign.
All WG campaigns are valid for two (2) adults unless otherwise stated on the campaign.
All WG or WG certificates will be made available to the winner by the date indicated on the campaign via electronic service, using email communication derived from @wedaways.com
Any WG or WG certificate must be claimed by the winner within ten (10) days from the date indicated on the campaign. An email with the subject: Instagram Giveaway Winner must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim WG.
Any WG or WG certificate not claimed within ten (10) days of winning will be automatically forfeited by the winner unless a prize has an expiration date, in which case a prize may be forfeited earlier than ten (10) days from winning.
WG prizes will not be extended beyond the dates indicated.
WHEN CAN I ENTER A CAMPAIGN?
The start and end date for each campaign are listed on the Instagram post. Unless otherwise specified, we usually start campaigns at 12:00:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and end at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on the days specified. We call this time period the “Campaign Window.”
HOW DO I KNOW IF I WON?
Within ten (10) business days of campaign close, we’ll draw a potential winner for that campaign. A confirmation process, which may include a background check, will then take place to ensure the potential winner meets the legal standards required. Winner and, if applicable, their guest(s) agree to cooperate fully with Wedaways in Wedaways conducting any background check(s), which includes providing the information requested by Wedaways including, but not limited to, full legal names and addresses. If the WG includes meeting a celebrity, meeting a public figure, or attending a special event and any background check indicates, in Wedaways’s sole discretion, that the potential winner or the potential winner’s guest(s) pose a danger to or may harm the reputation of any person or entity involved in the WG, Wedaways may disqualify the said winner. Pending a positive outcome of the confirmation process, a Wedaways representative will notify the potential winner via email. The potential winner must respond within the time period designated in the notification, or Wedaways may or may not move on to another randomly drawn potential winner. Before confirming a potential winner as the winner, Wedaways may require the potential winner to confirm their eligibility. Once that’s done, the potential winner and guest(s) must execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Wedaways. If you do not execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Wedaways, you will forfeit the WG, and Wedaways may or may not move on to another randomly drawn potential winner.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS OR CONDITIONS ON A WG?
We describe each WG on the Instagram post and in any special WG rules, including the approximate retail value for that WG. Look at the BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS at the top of these OFFICIAL RULES for details. Some WGs have extra restrictions or conditions. We post these in the specific rules for that campaign, too. For all WGs, you have to arrive on the dates and itinerary specified by Wedaways or mutual consent of all parties, and all hotel accommodations are entry-level unless otherwise specified. Room nights (stays) and type (class) cannot be extended or modified unless arranged by Wedaways and paid for by the winner. Any meetings with celebrities are subject to security and background checks. For international travel, you are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel authorizations, visas, or other documentation. All other expenses are your responsibility. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. The WG value may vary depending on travel dates. And because things happen, we can’t be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission of any third person with respect to the WG. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates, or similar items once they are in your possession, will not be replaced. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. If you or your guest are, in our opinion, or the opinion of our partners, obnoxious, threatening, abusive, or harassing before or during the WG, Wedaways, and its partners reserve the right to deny or terminate the trip or WG, in whole or in part. Your guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence. Any and all expenses not specified in the section in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS at the top of these OFFICIAL RULES, including, but not limited to, airfare, transfers, checked baggage fees, meals, and gratuities, are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner’s guest(s). Unless specified otherwise in the special campaign rules, WGs can’t be transferred or substituted, except that we can substitute a WG of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise specified in the special campaign rules, in the event that a portion of a WG goes unused, it may not be substituted, transferred, or redeemed for cash. And you might not love taxes, but they’re your responsibility, and you have to pay them. We’ll give you a W9 form so you can tell Uncle Sam what you owe. All winners that receive a WG with an approximate retail value of $600 or more will be issued a Form 1099.
By accepting the WG, you agree that we can use your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice, and/or other likeness and WG information to tell everyone how awesome the WG was. This means we can include you in advertising and trade and promotional materials for Wedaways and our strategic partners outlined on the Instagram post, in any form of media (including media that’s not yet known), and that we can do so without any additional compensation. This only applies unless otherwise prohibited by law.
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
By accepting the WG, you agree to post a minimum of 5 posts to your social media audiences (on your feed, in your stories, or on your reel) with positive images of your experiences during the WG and to tag @wedawaystravel & the strategic host partner(s) of the WG.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
IS THERE MORE LEGALESE?
We’re glad you asked! We have to tell you the following:
- Sponsor, WG Providers, and Promotional Partners (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable email; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic, or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
- By entering a WG campaign you agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Wedaways and its strategic partners, which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with that campaign; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with your participation in a campaign (including any WG).
- In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. An authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
You agree that any and all disputes and disagreements between us will be governed by laws of the State of California, and you will bring any claims only in mediation and located in Los Angeles, California. You also agree that unless you are prohibited from the law in doing so, you promise you will bring any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action against Wedaways individually, without resort to any form of class action. Finally, unless the law prohibits you from doing so, you agree to waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All Rights Reserved.
- © 2020 Wedaways, Inc. All Rights Reserved. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Wedaways.